Thursday, April 18, 2013

Duracell Daylite Turk'd & Guacho'd

I have had this tied up since way back when I started following StormDrane. I found his YouTube video on how to tie gaucho's very informative and easy to follow. This as I said is a Duracell Daylite, it's a 80 lumen flashlight that is VERY bright for its size and price point, I think I paid 28 bucks at Wally World. I would have shown you but after 4 years my end cap has failed and I am currently waiting on the mail for the replacement. I tied a 4B16L Turks over the majority of it. If you've tried these and failed don't give up. This particular Turk was tied and untied at least 5 times before it looked as uniform as I wanted. The Gaucho Knot came a little easier to me after all the time spent learning the Turk, I decided to put two on in opposite directions to fill the space left . Like I said if you'd like to learn before you buy the Ashley Book, you most likely will. Once knotting sets it hook in ya like it did me, go check out StormDrane's blog and YouTube channel. Also give J.D. of TIAT on YouTube a gander, he is a master of the rope craft and someone we can all aspire to. As always thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy it.





No comments:

Post a Comment